Application Deadline: July 31st 2016.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life. Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home country.
The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders
to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social differences. In addition, the training at German institutions of higher education should qualify the scholarship holders to become partners in the political and economic co-operation with Germany. With this programme, DAAD intends to contribute to the support of good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
- The scholarship scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration from Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East ( see list of countries).
- Very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
- The main DAAD criteria for selection are the following: the study results so far, knowledge of English (and German), political and social engagement, a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit when returning to the home country.
- The latest university degree should have been obtained during the six years prior to the application for the scholarship. Applicants cannot be considered if they have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
- All Master courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants in any case.
- Applications have to be submitted in German or English. Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance).
- Please submit your applications for the selected Master courses and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only (not to DAAD).
- The application period at all 8 universities lasts from June 1st to July 31st 2016.
The necessary documents are:
- The committee selecting the candidates at the end of 2016 consists of professors responsible for the respective study programmes and of representatives from DAAD.
- All applicants will be informed at the end of the selection process–approx. by the end of December 2016.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Helmut -Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance) 2017