Lincoln University, New Zealand invites applications for Global Challenges Scholarship for international students available for undergraduate degree programme.
The Global Challenges Scholarship is designed to transform passionate young people into cooperative, informed, social entrepreneurs who can think outside the box to address the pressing global challenges facing our planet today.
Study Subject: Scholarship is offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Worth of Award
The University will pay $12,000 (NZD) towards one year of tuition fees. Applicants may have the opportunity to reapply for future years if applicants have met all the requirements of the programme.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Global Challenges Scholarship as an international student, applicants must:
• Be eligible to enrol in an undergraduate degree at Lincoln
• Have completed secondary school in the past five years, achieved well academically and not attended another tertiary institution in New Zealand (if they have completed a diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate degree at other international institutions, they are not eligible for this scholarship)
• Have a strong academic background that demonstrates their ability to undertake and complete a university degree while maintaining involvement in scholarship activities
• Have a very good grasp of English, with an overall score of 6 in IELTS (or similar qualification), as the scholarship development programme has a strong focus on communication and co-operative work.
Applicants can apply for a Global Challenges Scholarship through the application system, MyLinc when they apply to study at Lincoln University. Applicants will need to create a MyLinc account, apply for their chosen course of study and then apply for the scholarship. Applicants can change their course of study at any time, even after they have submitted their applications. University will need the following information to process their Global Challenges Scholarship application:
• A short video outlining their interest in a current global issue, to be uploaded to Vimeo
• The details of two referees
Then they can save and submit their application. Please note that they are able to save their applications and return at any time before submitting them.
Deadline: The application deadline is 31 August 2016.