Ulm University is offering degree scholarships for international students. The scholarships support students at Ulm University, who are nearing graduation and in need through no fault of their own. The scholarship is awarded once for a period of up to one semester and amounts to 300 EUR per month.
‣ The Ulm University (German: Universität Ulm) is a public university in the city of Ulm, in the South German state of Baden-Württemberg.
‣ It is chronologically the ninth in Baden-Wuerttemberg. The first ideas of founding a university in Ulm go back to the 50’s. In 1959, the research group “University of Ulm” was formed, which produced a memorandum on founding a university in March of 1961. Due to competition between the cities of Constance and Ulm in the early stages, the idea of establishing a university in each of the two cities gained popularity. A critical factor leading to this decision was the fact that Constance is situated near a federal border. The opportunities for employment in the field of medicine would not be sufficient due to the lack of a patient catchment area at the border. The idea of founding a university in Ulm therefore became more concrete – it would be a university shaped by medicine and natural sciences.
‣ In July of 1965, the foundation committee submitted its “Memorandum on a College of Medicine and Natural Sciences in Ulm,” which was approved by the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg’s council of ministers in January 1966. Just two months later, the “Interim Constitution of the Ulm College of Medicine and Natural Sciences” came into effect.
‣ The scholarships are only awarded to students who have registered their thesis and are financially needy.
‣ The scholarships support foreign students at Ulm University, who are nearing graduation and in need through no fault of their own.
‣ Please submit the application at the International Office (helpdesk), Ulm University.
If you want to apply it, please submit the following documents:
• application form
• Summary of your study records (for example a copy of your transcript)
• registration certificate of the thesis
• curriculum vitae
• Income statement (generally statements of all bank accounts of the last 3 month)
• current certificate of enrolment
• copy of passport or identity card
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30th September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.