The Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology, Open University invites applications for a number of fully and partially funded full-time studentships for a 1 + 3 programme (MRes and PhD) or +3 PhD Funding is available for UK, EU and international students in the field of Applied Linguistics, Childhood Studies, and Education.
CREET is one of the leading education research units in the UK. It is an internationally renowned centre of excellence, pursuing innovative and rigorous research that influences policy and practice.
Applicants must have good written and spoken communication skills. It is a requirement that all non-native English candidates demonstrate that they have passed the IELTS or equivalent at B2 level.
Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in Applied Linguistics, Childhood Studies, and Education.
Worth of Award
- Full funding for PhD studentships will include fees and maintenance (anticipated £14296 in 2016/17) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
- Students who are awarded a fully-funded studentship receive a tax-free bursary covering three or four years study.
- The anticipated stipend for fully funded studentships for 2016-2017 will be £14296, which is in line with Research Council norms.
- Funded students also receive an annual research training and support grant (currently of up to £1,000).
In terms of qualifications, experience, and expertise, it is essential that candidates have the following:
- A good degree at 2.1 level or above relevant to the area in which they are applying or
- A Master’s degree in a relevant area
- Knowledge of and some experience of using qualitative/quantitative research methods
- Commitment to disseminating research findings
- Good written and spoken communication skills. It is a requirement that all non-native English candidates demonstrate that they have passed the IELTS or equivalent at B2 level.
- The ability to work collaboratively with supervisors
- The ability to work independently and manage time effectively to ensure completion within the funded period.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form.
- The form has been designed to give the information needed at this initial stage and allows candidates to be considered in an even-handed way.
- Email a copy of your application and research proposal to research-degreesCREET-at-open.ac.uk.
Deadline: Studentship application deadline is 25 July 2016.
Click here for more details and to apply