The Minister of Higher Education under the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) calls on Cameroonian muslim students to apply for a number of scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic year, to begin on January 09, 2017. These scholarships are open to young Cameroonian Muslims for pursuing
These scholarships are open to young Cameroonian Muslims for pursuing undergraduate and post-graduate programme at Islamic University of Technology (IUT). The candidate should have a very good command over English language.
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is an international organization founded in 1969 consisting of 57 member states. The organisation states that it is “the collective voice of the Muslim world” and works to “safeguard and protect the interests of the Muslim world in the spirit of promoting international peace and harmony”.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate programme at Islamic University of Technology (IUT).
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of engineering.
In order to apply for scholarship, applicants must follow the given criteria:
- Be of Cameroonian nationality,
- Be in good health both physically and mentally,
- Be a holder of the GCE Advanced Level or a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with at least 14/20 total grade.
- Be a Muslim male or female not more than 22 years old for undergraduate studies, 28 years for post-graduate or 32 years for PhD studies,
- Show proof of high proficiency in English language.
- Candidates for M.Sc in Computer Science must have a B.Sc Engineering degree or 4 years B.Sc degree or its equivalent with sufficient back-ground of Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Nationality: Cameroonian Muslims can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
Complete files of candidates in 02 copies (01 original and 01 photocopy) have to be deposited at the Ministry of Higher Education
- A handwritten stamped application addressed to the Minister of Higher Education mentioning the chosen field of study, gender, age, Region of origin and 02 telephone numbers,
- A duly filled application form obtainable from room 1514, 15th floor Ministry of Higher Education,
- Certified copy of birth certificate not more than 03 months old,
- Certificate of nationality,
- Certificate of non-conviction,
- Copy of personal pages of passport,
- Certified copies of certificates (GCE Ordinary and Advanced levels for undergraduate studies, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees or their equivalents for post-graduate studies) accompanied by academic transcripts,
- A detailed CV,
- 04 coloured passport size photographs bearing the name and nationality of the candidate behind,
- A medical certificate of fitness.
Deadline: The application deadline is 12 August 2016.
Click here for more details and to apply