Applications are invited for teaching assistant program available for the academic year 2017-2018. The Fulbright-FLTA program is open to young teachers of English based outside of Metro Manila who have a sincere interest in teaching their native language and culture to American students. Interested applicants should have leadership skills, the ability to motivate students, and the capacity to relate to foreign students. Application deadline for the 2017-2018 Fulbright-FLTA competition is July 29, 2016.
Course Level: This is a nine-month non-degree program.
Study Subject(s): Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTA) Program.
- Applicants must be no younger than 23 and no older than 29 years of age at the time of application; must be Filipino citizens. The FLTA Program does not provide J-2 sponsorship for dependents.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Ideally, FLTAs are outgoing and dynamic individuals with a great sense of humour.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. A score of no less than 90 (iBT) on the TOEFL is required.
- Candidates should possess the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree (U.S.) with a good academic record. Master’s degrees are highly desirable by many institutions.
- Teaching experience is preferred. English teachers are eligible, except those from Metro Manila.
Applicants need to submit:
- Completed online application
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified true copy of diploma (not original)
- Three letters of reference (forms are found in the online application)
- Supplemental forms
- Copy of passport
- TOEFL or IELTS score report (if available)
How to Apply: All interested applicants are required to complete the online application. All other required documents should be received at the PAEF office no later than July 29, 2016.
Application deadline: Application deadline for the 2017-2018 Fulbright-FLTA is on July 29, 2016.