University of Technology Sydney (UTS) calls for applications for undergraduate student merit scholarship in Australia.The purpose of the scholarship is to support continuing, full-time undergraduate UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences students who demonstrate financial need or other educational disadvantages(s).
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a thriving university located in the center of Sydney, one of the world’s most desirable and multicultural cities.
If applicant’s previous education was not conducted in English; they are required to demonstrate proficiency in English by completing a recognised English language test and have achieved the required minimum scores.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the fields of Communications, Education, International Studies.
Worth of Award
The maximum total value of the Scholarship is $5,000 to each Recipient.
Payment of benefit/s:
- Each Recipient will receive one payment of $5,000 by electronic funds transfer to his/her nominated bank account.
- Payment is usually made within four weeks after the census date in Autumn and Spring sessions.
- Payments are subject to the Recipient satisfying ongoing eligibility criteria as defined in clause
- The duration of the Scholarship is one (1) session.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in a UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences undergraduate degree in the session the Scholarship is awarded; and
- At the time of Scholarship selection the applicant must have completed 48 credit points of their UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences undergraduate degree; and
- Have applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- Have submitted a UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Scholarship application form; and
- Met satisfactory academic progression, or evidence of exceptional circumstances.
- Previous recipients of this scholarship will not be eligible for this scholarship in future rounds.
- Australian or New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply
Applications are currently open.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 07 August 2016.
Click here for more details and to apply