2017 Getty Fellowships for Predoctoral and Postdoctoral International Students in USA

2016 Getty Foundation Scholarship For Researchers In Arts, Sciences & Humanities

Getty Foundation is inviting application for pre-doctoral, postdoctoral and NEH fellowships to pursue research to complete their dissertations or to expand them for publication at the Getty Research Institute. Getty Pre and Postdoctoral fellowships are welcome from scholars of all nationalities. GRI-NEH Fellowship is open for United States citizens or foreign nationals who can document that they have lived in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding the fellowship application deadline. Getty Fellows are in residence for nine months from mid-September to mid-June.

School(Institutions/ Country): | USA

Level: pursue research to complete their dissertations or to expand them for publication at the Getty Research Institute.

Field(s): Fellowships are awarded to complete work on projects related to the Getty Research Institute’s annual theme.

Deadline: October 3, 2016.

Funded By: Getty Foundation (GRI-NEH Fellowship is funded by National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) and part of the Getty’s annual scholar and fellow program)

Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Getty Fellowships are targeted for Scholars of all nationalities can apply for these Getty fellowships.

Benefits(Value/ Inclusions):

No. of awards: Not Specified

Scholarship Tenure : Getty Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from mid-September to mid-June.

Value of Scholarship : Getty Predoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from late-September to late-June and receive a stipend of $25,000. Getty Postdoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from late-September to late-June and receive a stipend of $30,000. Both fellowships also provide a workspace at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and makes healthcare option

Description

‣ Getty Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for emerging scholars to complete work on projects related to the Getty Research Institute’s annual research theme. Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue research projects, complete their dissertations, or expand dissertation for publication.

‣ Getty Fellowships Fellows make use of the Getty collections, join in a weekly meeting devoted to the annual theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.

Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships ( Getty Fellowships ) :

‣ Applications for Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships are welcome from scholars of all nationalities (please see below for GRI-NEH residency eligibility requirements).

‣ Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships.

‣ Getty Predoctoral Fellowship applicants must have advanced to candidacy by the time of the fellowship start date and should expect to complete their dissertations during the fellowship period.

‣ Successful Predoctoral Fellowship applicants who are awarded their degree after the application deadline but before the fellowship begins, or who receive their doctorate while in residence, automatically become Postdoctoral Fellows.

‣ To be eligible to apply for the 2016-2017 scholar year, Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants should not have received their degree earlier than 2011 (please see below for GRI-NEH residency eligibility requirements).

GRI-NEH Fellowship:

‣ Applicants must be United States citizens or foreign nationals who can document that they have lived in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding the fellowship application deadline (from October 1, 2012);

‣ Applicants must have completed all degree requirements by the application deadline;

‣ The GRI-NEH residency period is late-September to late-March; and

‣ The stipend for the GRI-NEH fellowship is $4,200 per month. The GRI-NEH Postdoctoral Fellowship also provides workspace, housing, transportation, and healthcare options comparable to other Getty fellowship programs.

Selection Criteria for Getty Fellowships

‣ All fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis.

‣ Applications will be evaluated by the Getty Research Institute (or in the case the GRI-NEH Fellowship by an external selection committee of qualified scholars convened and staffed by the Getty Research Institute) based on: (1) the overall quality of the application; (2) how the proposed project bears upon the annual research theme; (3) the applicant’s past achievements; and (4) how the project would benefit from the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.

Notification:

‣ Applicants are notified of the Getty Research Institute’s decision approximately six months following the deadline.

Scholarship Application Method

‣ Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Fellowship application form (which includes uploading a Project Proposal; Selected Bibliography; Doctoral Dissertation Plan or Abstract; Curriculum Vitae; Writing Sample; Confirmation letter; and any documentation required for an NEH fellowship) by 5:00 p.m. (PDT) October 3, 2016. Two letters of recommendation are also required for this application (see Letters of Recommendation).

‣ For the best user experience, we strongly recommend use of the Google Chrome browser. You may also use Firefox or Safari.

‣ The Internet Explorer 11 (IE) browser is not fully compatible with our portal. Create or update your account and password, log in, and begin a new application.

‣ You may return to your work at any time by visiting the portal at the link above and logging into your account.

‣ Project Proposal

‣ Selected Bibliography
-Doctoral Dissertation Plan or Abstract
–Curriculum Vitae

‣ Writing Sample

‣ Confirmation letter
–Documentation of U.S. residency

‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 3, 2016.

Begin a New Application

Create or update your account and password, log in, and begin a new application. You may return to your work at any time by visiting the portal at the link above and logging into your account.

Please note: Once you have created and saved an application form, be sure to return to work on the same form by selecting the “Applications: In Progress” link to return to your saved application. Otherwise, you may inadvertently create multiple versions of the same application.

Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.

Selected Bibliography (not to exceed two pages, typed and single-spaced): cite scholarly works, other than your own, that are important to the project and the place the project in its intellectual framework.

Doctoral Dissertation Plan or Abstract (maximum two pages).

Curriculum Vitae

Writing Sample: Each applicant should submit one writing sample (not more than twenty-five pages, typed and double-spaced).This may be a sample of the dissertation and should best represent the applicant’s methodological concerns.

Confirmation letter (a scan of this letter is acceptable): Predoctoral applicants must submit a letter from their academic institution confirming that they have passed their qualifying exams and have been advanced to candidacy. Postdoctoral applicants must submit confirmation from their academic institution that their doctorates have been awarded. NEH postdoctoral fellowship applicants must have completed all degree requirements by the application deadline.

Documentation of U.S. residency (required by foreign nationals applying for the GRI-NEH Postdoctoral Fellowship only). This includes a copy of your passport and a copy of one of the following documents:

Green CardTemporary Green Card StampWork Authorization CardCopy of most current visaCopy of most current visa Approval notice from USCIS

LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: As part of this application you will request that two confidential letters of recommendation be forwarded by your recommenders through the system by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on October 3, 2016. You will be prompted to enter the names and emails of your references as you fill out the application form. A link will then be sent to them automatically that will allow them to upload their confidential recommendations. Recommenders should attach a scanned original letter to the e-mail. Once you request this information you will be able to monitor your account to confirm that the letters have been submitted.

Inquiries
Please address inquiries to the following:

Attn: Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships/GRI-NEH Fellowship
Phone: (310) 440-7374
E-mail: researchgrants@getty.edu

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about Getty Fellowships

1. saddam Abdi Adar

August 11, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Hello iam ethiopian student i need this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi adar my phone number +251915468875 my Email address saddamabdiadar@ gmail.com Thankz To All

2. Nesredin Mohammed

August 11, 2015 at 4:31 PM

my name is Nesredin mohammed, i aspect it 100%,please I will wait response

3. Elisama

August 11, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Iam Very Interested In The Scholarship Program So Iam Iam Granduate From Peace Institute And Sudan School Certificate In Arts Section For More Info:+211955335529 Is The Answer For You.

4. Daniel wandimu

August 13, 2015 at 8:12 AM

I’m daniel wandimu and i have degree by foreign language and literature.so,if you select me contact me on +251917568786/+251912223836.

5. Enchalew mesfin

August 13, 2015 at 2:22 PM

i am so interstested with ur post,i have degree by law, if select me contact me on +251910533886

6. Lamin s Jatta

August 13, 2015 at 5:43 PM

my name is lamin s jatta I got my HTC higher teacher certificate from the Gambia College and I want to further my education I would be very happy if my request for scholarship is considered you can contact on wathsapp or viber on +2202137870 I want to study Geography, or history or science

7. Dawit Yibabe

August 15, 2015 at 8:08 AM

my name is Dawit Yibabe I’m student at Addis Ababa university in accounting and finance please if you are interested notify me

8. Frank Adomako

August 24, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Please i have completed my degree in geography and i would like to continue…email:frankadomako21@yahoo.com tel:+233243808263

9. Nesredin Mohammed

August 25, 2015 at 5:13 PM

I am graduated from samara university in Ethiopia, by BA degree in sociology, please I am very interested to get this chance, if I get please contuct me by 0915167909. Thank you

10. Abdisalam

August 29, 2015 at 11:05 PM

hi my name is Abdisalam iam somali student i am very interest this schoolership give me this appourtunity faithfully thnks

11. Nuredin Teshome

September 1, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I am Nuredin Teshome. I was graduated from Dire Dawa University by B.Sc. degree in Physics and I was completed my M.Sc. course and research work in Computational Physics and I will defend my research in January. So I am very interested to join to your your University and do a wonder full research which is valuable for your Organization as well as me. Then I kindly ask you to give me a chance to join you and contact me with my email address teshome004@gmail.com

12. Tiberih Daniel G/mickel

September 6, 2015 at 4:45 AM

I m accounting student in degree program I grduet after 6 month I need ur to give me this chance to continue my studiy thank u very much my phone no +251922874622

13. Teferi Debebe

September 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM

I am Teferi Debebe .I was graduated from samara University by SOCIOLOGY.And i was done my graduation research on topic Socio-cultural factors that affect women.know at the moment i employee at office on public participation and i need your organisation support to join your institution with chance of M.A

14. Bajaben Genfi Kwabena

September 9, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Hi,I am Bajaben Genfi Kwabena a freshly graduated student of Prempeh College.I would like to get a scholarship to study abroad.

15. Mohammed Ahmed

September 15, 2015 at 8:57 AM

My name Mohammed Ahmed I have BA degree in sociology and Social work from Ambo University in Ethiopia. I would like to follow the scholarship in abourd pls contact me by this phone No +251920456815 mamexiqo@yahoo.com

16. kedir jemal mumed

September 17, 2015 at 9:04 AM

it is with great lucky to hear this chance, I am kedir jemal mumed & I graduated from Haramaya University with BA Degree in Accounting and Finance in this year and I interested to expending my professional horizons by seeking new challenges in the financing industry as I continue to pursue my ACCA certification. This has presented me with a diverse range of issues that have allowed me to develop my problem solving skills while effectively working with a verity of different people. so, I need this scholarship to study my masters in any related specialization regarding with my academic background relevent.

17. kedir jemal mumed

September 17, 2015 at 9:07 AM

it is with great lucky to hear this chance, I am kedir jemal mumed & I graduated from Haramaya University with BA Degree in Accounting and Finance in this year and I interested to expending my professional horizons by seeking new challenges in the financing industry as I continue to pursue my ACCA certification. so, I need this scholarship to study my masters in any related specialization regarding with my academic background relevent.

18. fsaha tesfay

September 22, 2015 at 9:02 PM

if sure this is good chance

19. Ahmad Babangida Garba

September 27, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Iam interested in this scholarship, but iam from West African region, am i eligible? 2347034614538 for further enquiry

20. reshad

September 30, 2015 at 7:27 PM

i am very intrested in this scholarship please inform me with 0915661275 or reshaadabrahim@gmail.com

21. My name is Temesgen Abebe .I am from Ethiopia. I need this chance and if I am available contact me with the following phone number;0924525939.Thank you very much.

October 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Good luck!

22. Aboubaker omar ibrahim

October 19, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Hello i am djiboutienne student i need this scholarship my name is aboubaker omar ibrahimmy phone numbe is oo25377061417 my Email address omaribrahim@ gmail.com Thankz To All

23. yordanose tadesse from Ethiopia and graduated to accounting age 30 sexual female

October 20, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Thanks to all

24. Omonde Gaston

March 5, 2016 at 11:05 AM

hi..i am Omonde Gaston i am rwandan student who are un nées of a scolarchip please join me on+250782002403

25. Justin Lazaro

March 14, 2016 at 7:40 AM

Hi., my name is Justin Lazaro. I’m Tanzanian and I was graduated (VETA) Vocation Engineering Training Authority college. I need this scholarship to apply my science in high level. I will be happy when i get this scholarship in American university… My gmail. Justin.lazaro 93@gmail.com. My phone number is. 255788121867. Thanks.

26. Semhar

June 9, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Hi, my name is Semhar Issak. i am Eritrean and I graduated in Asmara University with BA degree on Nursing.I would like to follow this scholarship, please join me on 2917519652. My email address semhar_isak@yahoo.com

27. Abomsa Geleto

August 30, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Dear sir /madam my name is Abomsa Geleto Chebsi ,I have diploma clincal nursing ,I am refugee in Kenya ,I need school ,0702450155 please help me

28. hassan abdi

September 26, 2016 at 3:47 PM

29. hassan abdi

September 26, 2016 at 3:49 PM

my name is hassan abdi I live in ethiopia I graduated bachelor of health officer I would like to get scholership apportunity if its possoble tnx contact me +251915782017 or hassan.abdi9285@gmail.com