2017 University of Canterbury Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships For International Students

university of cantebury

The University of Canterbury offers the UC Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship to high-achieving undergraduate international students.

These scholarships were established in 2011 by the University of Canterbury to recognise and support top achieving students commencing an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Canterbury.

The UC Entrance Scholarship shall be awarded to students who intend to begin their first year of an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Canterbury and who have completed or are completing a university entrance qualification.

UC Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships

Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: University of Canterbury
Country to Study in: New Zealand

To be eligible, the following must be met:

• The scholarships will be awarded to students who are beginning their first year of an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Canterbury and who have completed university entrance qualification at a New Zealand school.
    International students are also eligible, but must have sat for an entrance qualification (e.g. NCEA) in NZ or sat for CIE or IB either in NZ or overseas.
    The scholarships are available only to students whose first year of study in an undergraduate degree programme is no more than one calendar year after they have completed their study for a university entrance qualification.
  • Recipients may commence study in either Semester 1 or Semester 2, and must be enrolled full time in their first year of study in an undergraduate degree programme.
    (“Full time” is here defined as 0.8 EFTS or more for whole-year study, and the equivalent if enrolling for the first time for study commencing in Semester 2.)
  • Each scholarship will be tenable for one year.
  • The scholarships will be awarded to students who have gained the academic qualifications listed in the appendix, and who have gained university entrance.
    Students completing university entrance requirements in New Zealand via other pathways will also be eligible for consideration, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Eligible groups
Citizens of ANY country
(BUT you must have sat your entrance qualification (e.g. NCEA) in NZ or you sat CIE or IB either in NZ or overseas.)

Participating Institutions
University of Canterbury; New Zealand

Fields of study
All available undergraduate courses at the University of Canterbury

Number of awards
Not specified by the sponsor

Sponsorship duration
The tenure of this award is 1 year. Continuation of a scholarship is conditional on satisfactory academic progress and adherence to the University’s statutes and regulations.

In the event of a recipient’s withdrawal from full-time study in an undergraduate degree programme, the scholarship will be withdrawn, and any paid funds may be recovered.

Scholarship benefits
Amount is up to $3,000 (between $1000 and $3000 for your first year at UC). It is a cash scholarship, so you can choose to use the money as you wish.

Method of Application
You do not need to apply for this scholarship. An approved Application to Enrol is considered your application for the UC Undergraduate Entrance scholarship. To apply to enroll, visit this page.

It is important to visit the official website (via link below) to read through the UC Undergraduate Frequently Asked Questions and also for complete details on how to apply.

DEADLINES:
There is NO closing date as a scholarship application is NOT required. Apply to Enrol at UC, and if approved, that enrollment application will be taken as your scholarship application. However, to be eligible for it, all undergraduate students must enroll by 10 December for Semester One or 2 July for Semester Two; but, there is no scholarship application deadline.

PLEASE NOTE:
Recipients must be studying full time. You could also be eligible for one or more of UC’s other undergraduate scholarships. Please visit the official website for more information.

The University of Canterbury in Christchurch is New Zealand’s second oldest university. It was founded in 1873 as Canterbury College, the first constituent college of the University of New Zealand. Its original campus was in the central city, but in 1961 when it became an independent university it also began moving out of its original neo-gothic buildings, which were re-purposed as the Christchurch Arts Centre.

Application Deadline: Rolling (BUT enroll by 10 Dec 2016 || 2 Jul 2017)
Open to International Students: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application

1. Endalkachew Diress Nigussie

August 18, 2015 at 11:21 AM

I graduated in water supply @ enviromental engineering from arbaminch university&need to gain scholarship from your company in master degree.phone +251923525263

2. Amoako Kwabena Alexander

August 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM

i am currently in Ghana, studying HND Accounting with Computing, and i will be completing july 2016.i would be grateful to do a top-up outside Ghana via a full scholarship programme..contact me on +233240039891

3. saddam Abdi Adar

August 19, 2015 at 6:59 AM

Hello iam ethiopian student i need this scholarship my name is saddam Abdi adar my phone number +251915468875 my Email address saddamabdiadar@ gmail.com Thanks thanks thanks

4. Joseph s Magu

August 19, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I will be grateful through my actions if granted this chance. Regards

5. FAKEGNA FEKADU

August 19, 2015 at 8:08 PM

I am undergraduate student gondar university in civil engineering. I want to enjoy this scholarship please contact me on 251937376006 or fekadufakegna50@gmail.com. thanks!!

6. Ellen Chidzanja

August 19, 2015 at 8:34 PM

How Can I Access The Forms Here In Malawi

7. Kayode bidemi ayodele

August 20, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Please am a nigeria finish my high school.but no funds to further please dont let my dream die of becoming the best in my field please help with undergraduate scholarship. I all pay back when i start working please i beg of you

8. Tsion biressaw

August 20, 2015 at 8:20 PM

First thanks to give this great opportunity my name is tsion biressaw am from Ethiopia,i will graduate in civil enginering in may 2016 from known university my email addres is tsionbiressaw@gmail.com my phone number is +251920829366

9. kahsay Atsbaha

August 22, 2015 at 5:32 AM

I am kahsay from Ethiopia, I have degree in civil engineering i want this chance if you give me please contact me by +251926730686 or e-mail kasatsbaha@gmail.com

10. Mohamed Abdullahi Abdi

August 22, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Thanks for your great opportunity to us,I’m from somalia my name is mohamed Abdullahi Abdi,I have certificate and diploma in General Agriculture I would like to get this scholarship please if you give me contact to tell:00252618430461 & mrashiid95@hotmail.com

11. Samuel Belachew

August 23, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I am an undergraduate student at Dire Dawa University. I would really love this scholarship, because I know I can work hard. Plz contact me on my phone number: +251922580076. and my email is belachewsamuel68 @gmail.com

12. yirga kityalew

August 28, 2015 at 1:58 PM

I have Bsc degree in water supply&Environmental Eng.from Arebamench unversity in Ethiopia. I want to continue with related filed u can contact Me @(0912487126 -ykityalew @yahoo.com)

13. Leta Aliyi

August 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM

my name is Leta Aliyi .I was taken my Bsc from wollega university, Ethiopia and want to take my Msc in your university.pls contact me by using e-mail:letaaliyi@gmail.com or phone no: +251916656262.

14. TESFA TEKA

August 30, 2015 at 8:42 PM

I am TESFA TEKA , I am one of Ethiopian students in Addis Ababa university in field of Life science , I will get Graduated by the coming July 2016 , and I am happy if I have a chance of learning in your university ! Thank u so much with best regards !

15. Hana Bekalu

August 31, 2015 at 4:52 AM

hi my name is hana bekalu am from ethiopia I want to make my first digger from u r company plss contact me 251910657902

16. mussie mehari baraki

September 2, 2015 at 3:40 PM

hi..first of all thanks for giving us this oppurtunity,,,am from ethiopia…am universty student 1st year,,in dep’t of water engineering..and i have agood result…pls help me to join..email mussiemehari56@gmail.com phone 0949256898,,,,10qqqqqqqqqq

17. Mahad muhumed

September 4, 2015 at 6:31 AM

Please help me and point me how can apply your application and you can contact me +251927803165 may email maygaagmahad80@gmail.com

18. Mengesha tadele

September 5, 2015 at 7:01 PM

I have LLB degree in law.pleas contact me in:+251931815483

19. Mariama mahamoud aw ali

September 9, 2015 at 4:29 PM

My Name Is Mariama Mahamoud Aw Ali Artan It’s My Interest To Have This Scholarship I Have Completed Science High School In Sheikh Ibrahim Secondary School Burao S/land I Would Like To Apply And Join To This University And Also I Would Like To Get Free Full Scholarship University If It’s Possible For You And I Hope You To Accept My Request Please Contact Me 00252634207605 Or 00252659307138 Or Email Mma_Kaafiya@Hotmail.Com Thanks

20. Chala Terafa

September 10, 2015 at 11:41 AM

I am currently in Ethiopia,I want to study in your university.I was graduated from Jimma University in Oromo Folklore and Literature with BA.pLEASE HELP ME by contacting +251921212940 or email= chalaterafa@yahoo.com

21. Cherno Assan Jallow

September 13, 2015 at 12:03 AM

I am Cherno Assan Jallow,a Gambia and been a 2015 graduated of Farafenni Senior Secondary school.I really need this scholarship to overcome my dreams and please if you want to notify me of anything,you can contact me on +2206843077 / +2203172835 or jallowchernoassan@gmail.com

22. Zenebe

September 13, 2015 at 8:28 PM

I’m from Ethiopia and I want to gain this kind of scholarship. Please contact me phone +2519204998350 or e-mail, zenebeabegaz23@gmail.com

23. Tamirat tefera

September 14, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Hello dear my name is tamirat tefara from ethiopia with BA degree in sociology in mada walabu university thise my dream to get scholarship please contact me email-tameybalee@gmail.com phone 0921718558

24. mintesinot getachew

September 16, 2015 at 8:44 PM

hiiiiii I’m Mintesinot and i’m 1st year computer science student from Debretabor university), I want to be u’r student and I hope u will give me the chance.contact me +251932019698 email me getmintesinot@gmail.com

25. Eyob Nigussie

September 17, 2015 at 5:16 PM

I’m happy by you are awarding this chance.I have an interest to get this opportunity.

26. Abdiweli Abdi Aziz Jama

October 9, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Hi, my name is Abdiweli Abdi Aziz Jama. I am from somalia. I gratuated at secondary school. I am very interesting to join your scholarships. please help me to get that apportunity. contact me by gobsoor74@gmail.com or tell number: +252907747317

27. muhammad sani matori

October 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM

hi am muhammad matori from nigeria please help me am in need of this scholarship i finished my secondry school and my result are very good help me please… +2347017042109 thanks

28. Abiy Befikadu Sime

October 29, 2015 at 4:05 PM

My name is Abiy l am from Ethiopia studing at Bahir Dar University l want scholarship pleace give me a chance.

29. Juhar Jundi

November 11, 2015 at 7:20 PM

my name is Juhar Jundi from Ethiopia before I gradua Diploma clincal Narsing &I have comptanci International Qualitification Exame docmant and work expirans govarmantal institutions so by this time Im stdant haramaya unvarsti Dipartmant of padiatric Narsing 1year studant so I want to scholarship plise suport me am Jantil studant and I like my profassion so notifay by my phon number 0920932165!!!!!!!!

30. rahel bati

November 26, 2015 at 12:43 PM

i’m undergraduated student in wolaita sodo univeristy in electrica&computer engeneering.plaese contact me 0915617791

31. robel oqubamariam

November 27, 2015 at 12:17 PM

hey am robel oqubamariam from eritrea .i want to study sociology&social work.am from college of arts &social sicnce of adi keih.let my dreams came true pliz……