The Azrieli Fellows Program is currently open to scholars at the postdoctoral level who are Canadian citizens or who have completed their doctorates at Canadian universities.
Deadline: Wednesday, November 30th , 2016
Funded By: Azrieli Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for scholars at the postdoctoral level who are Canadian citizens OR who have completed their doctorates at Canadian universities.
Scholarship Duration: The duration of the fellowship is for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of the fellowship is CDN$40,000 annually.
The Foundation has no objection to the Fellow’s receipt of additional research funds, with the exception of other postdoctoral fellowships or scholarships from Israeli sources. Funding from a sponsor’s lab and from the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs is permissible.
‣ The Azrieli F Fellowships Fellows Program promotes excellence in research and graduate studies at accredited institutions of higher learning in Israel.
‣ This prestigious and competitive program, established in 2007, provides financial support to the best and brightest scholars from Israel and around the world.
‣ These scholars become leaders in their respective fields and raise Israel’s profile internationally, and maintain strong academic and professional links between Israel and the rest of the world.
To be eligible for Azrieli Foundation Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The Azrieli Fellows Program is currently open to scholars at the postdoctoral level who are Canadian citizens OR who have completed their doctorates at Canadian universities.
- Scholars may undertake postdoctoral research in any field of study.
- Candidates may apply at an early stage of their professional career and no later than four years after conferral of their PhD Diploma.
- Candidates must not hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position.
- Scholars may apply in the last year of the PhD with a letter from the supervisor stating that the candidate will receive the doctorate by the summer*. If the PhD is incomplete by the stated time then the candidate will forfeit the fellowship.
- A candidate may reapply to the Azrieli Fellows Program if he or she is not accepted. Candidates will only be considered for reapplication one time. The fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates are assessed on their potential to make cutting-edge contributions to their respective fields. Aspects of personal merit and leadership abilities are also taken into consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity or age.
Scholars who wish to apply must obtain an academic sponsor:
- The academic sponsor must be a faculty member at one of the seven participating Israeli academic institutions.
- Candidates must ensure that this sponsor is willing to actively support the research proposal because it is closely connected to and complements his or her area of expertise.
- Candidates must have a written support from their academic sponsor illustrating the enthusiasm the sponsor has to actively collaborate on the proposed research.
- The Azrieli Fellows Program we will not be able to process an application without an academic sponsor.
‣ The fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
‣ Candidates are assessed on their potential to make cutting-edge contributions to their respective fields.
‣ Aspects of personal merit and leadership abilities are also taken into consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity or age.
‣ Azrieli Fellows will be announced in April 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please visit the Azrieli Foundation website to apply online for the International Postdoctoral Fellowship www.azrielifoundation.org/fellows
- Candidates must obtain an academic sponsor* who is a faculty member at one of the seven Israeli academic institutions.
- The academic sponsor should write a letter of support illustrating his or her interest in actively collaborating on the candidate’s research while in Israel. The sponsor should submit this letter, written on institution letterhead, emailed directly to the Azrieli Foundation.
- ** Candidates must have two additional letters of reference from those familiar with their academic background. These letters should speak to the candidate’s excellent academic performance and personal achievements.
- These letters should be written on institution letterhead and be emailed directly to the Azrieli Foundation.**
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by Wednesday, November 30th , 2016
For more Information about Azrieli Foundation Fellowships