Applications are invited for WACCBIP New Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for the year 2016. Applicants must be an African who received his/her PhD degree within the last three years and interested in developing a research career in the biosciences in Africa. The successful post doctoral fellow will be supported with up to $150,000 to cover a monthly salary, Research supplies and reagents, conference grant and Other related costs.
Level: postdoctoral programme.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded to promote the development of leadership skills and networking with other scientists in Africa. Research themes: Human genetics, Disease pathogenesis and immunity, Pathogen genomics/Bioinformatics, Host-pathogen interactions, Diagnostics, Molecular epidemiology, Target discovery for drug and vaccine development.
Deadline: 30th November 2016.
Funded By: : Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology (BCMB) and the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), University of Ghana, and has several regional and international partner institutions.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Ghana WACCBIP Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for African scientists
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: not known
‣ Scholarship covers: The successful post doctoral fellow will be supported with up to $150,000 to cover:
‣ The WACCBIP-Wellcome Trust DELTAS programme is seeking young African scientists to work as postdoctoral fellows in an environment that promotes the development of leadership skills and networking with other scientists in Africa.
‣ As a new centre of excellence for biomedical research, WACCBIP will generate tremendous research activities through the various graduate training programmes.
‣ The centre and its partners will therefore, provide a well-resourced research environment to promote the research careers of newly graduated PhDs. WACCBIP is co-hosted by the Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology (BCMB) and the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), University of Ghana, and has several regional and international partner institutions.
To apply for this University of Ghana WACCBIP Postdoctoral Fellowship , you must:
‣ Be an African who receivedhis/her PhD degree within the last three years and interested in developing a research career in the biosciences in Africa.
‣ Develop a comprehensive postdoctoral research proposal that can be completed within 2-3years.
‣ Be highly motivated individual interested in developing novel research directions.
‣ Work with minimal supervision and have a high standard for research ethics.
‣ Be interested in workingon one of the following priority disease areas and research themes:
‣ Priority Disease
‣ Non-communicable diseases, Sickle Cell Anemia, Diabetes, Cancers, Stroke, Chronic Kidney disease, Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease, Infectious diseases, Protozoan pathogens – Malaria, Trypanosomiasis, Fungal pathogens – Cryptococcosis, Candidiasis, Helminths – Schistosomiasis, Onchocerciasis, Soil-transmitted helminthes, Mycobacteria – Tuberculosis, Buruli ulcer, Other Bacterial Pathogens –Gastro-intestinal and blood infections, Viruses – HIV/AIDS, Ebola (EBVD), rotaviral infections, Influenza, Dengue fever.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please send copies of the following required documents to waccbipleader-at-ug.edu.gh or waccbip-at-gmail.com
Please download application forms at http://waccbip.ug.edu.gh/.
Interested applicants may send their complete application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th November 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.