, and applications are submitted till January 23, 2017 at 11:59pm Pacific time . NVIDIA is inviting applications for the graduate fellowship program for students who are researching topics that will lead to major advances in the graphics and high-performance computing industries and are investigating innovative ways of leveraging the power of the GPU. The fellowship program supports excellence in GPU computing research in universities worldwide. International students are eligible to apply. However, the Graduate Fellowship Award amount may vary by country, region or location. The Graduate Fellowship Award must be used to further research.
Level: The NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program provides funding to PhD students for further research.
Field(s): The fellowship program supports excellence in GPU computing research.
Deadline: January 23, 2017 at 11:59pm Pacific time
Funded By: NVIDIA
Scholarship covers: The Graduate Fellowship Award must be used to further your research. This can be in the form of tuition, books, living stipend, salary and travel to NVIDIA Research Summit, SIGGRAPH, or relevant conferences.
‣ NVIDIA partners with industry leaders to tackle some of the most complex computing challenges.
‣ We’re creating profound change in industries such as medical imaging, space exploration, automotive design and film production.
‣ We’ve only scratched the surface of what we can accomplish when we apply our technology to it. We need innovative and talented doctoral students, who aren’t afraid of a challenge, to help us tackle these opportunities.
‣ “The NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program recognizes and supports excellence in GPU computing research in universities worldwide and builds relationships between NVIDIA and the academic community.
‣ We believe past recipients are the most talented graduate students in the world and the work they have proposed will help define the future of computing.” — NVIDIA Sr VP and Chief Scientist Bill Dally
‣ Students must have already completed their first year of Ph.D. level studies (at the time of application)
‣ Students must have majors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Architecture, Electrical Engineering, or a related area
‣ Students must be engaged in active research as part of their PhD thesis
‣ Students must be enrolled as a full time Ph.D. student during the academic year of the award
‣ Note: The award must be administered through the student’s university; payment will be made to the university, not directly to the student.
‣ The Graduate Fellowship Awards are very competitive. The finalists include students with multiple papers in top venues showcasing their results in GPU computing, or absolutely fascinating and exciting research proposals, or both.
‣ In all cases, they have outstanding letters of recommendation with many details and facts to back up their advisor’s stated high opinion.
‣ Final Candidates will be chosen in March 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
Your Graduate Fellowship Application must include:
Note: It is the student’s responsiblity to ensure that all of these items are submitted prior to the deadline. The student must notify his/her professor(s) with sufficient time for them to submit nomination letters.
Important: Please submit only PDF files and use only ASCII characters in your document file names. Our submission system cannot recognize filenames with Asian or other non-ASCII symbols. Warning: your application may fail to be captured by our online system if you use non-ASCII symbols!
If you need to make a correction to an already-submitted application or nomination letter, please just resubmit the new version using the online form again. We will use the version with the most recent time stamp. Please do not email it in — it needs to be submitted via the web form to be added to the review database.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 23, 2017 at 11:59pm Pacific time
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.