The Technical University of Eindhoven (TU/e) is inviting applications for Amandus H. LunMqvist scholarship for international students (formerly known as the TU/e Talent Scholarship Program).
Level: Master Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are available to students who are admitted to any of the TU/e Master’s programs.
Deadline: February 1,
Funded By: TU/e and top international technology companies (Currently ASML, NXP, Océ, Philips and Bosch are all involved in the Amandus H. Lundqvist Scholarship Program (ALSP), named in honor of the former TU/e President.)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Amandus H Lunmqvist Scholarship
is targeted for Students of all nationalities except the Dutch nationality.
‣ Award No: Each year a considerable number of scholarships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship covers a period of five years: two years studying for your Master’s degree at TU/e and three years working for the company that sponsors your scholarship. In this way you will also gain international work experience and increase your career opportunities.
‣ Scholarship covers: The ALSP scholarship consists of a tuition fee waiver and a contribution to living expenses of 5,000 euro for both of the two years of the Master’s program. This is not a full cost scholarship. During the three years of your career launching experience, you will earn a competitive salary. At the start of the scholarship period, TU/e will match your academic background and particular skills with the employer who will sponsor your scholarship. ALSP scholarship students launch their international career in technology and engineering at their sponsor employer once they have successfully completed their two-year TU/e Master’s program. There are also possiblities to follow a PhD program at a Dutch university.
Amandus H Lunmqvist Scholarship
‣ Each year a considerable number of scholarships are awarded by TU/e partnered by top international technology companies.
‣ Currently ASML, NXP, Océ, Philips and Bosch are all involved in the Amandus H Lundqvist Scholarship Program (ALSP), named in honor of the former TU/e President.
‣ The scholarships are awarded to students with the best grades in their previous education at renowned universities outside the Netherlands.
‣ The TU/e prides itself on its reputation as being the world’s number 1 university for scientific output in cooperation with industry. Furthermore, the region Brainport Eindhoven is one of the most innovative centers for advanced technology in Europe.
‣ It has, for example, been the base for the technology giant Phillips Electronics for more than a century.
‣ Many more multinational companies have research, development and production facilities close to Eindhoven, including ASML and Océ, two of the ALSP scholarship partners.
‣ And in 2011 the Eindhoven region was named the most Intelligent Community in a worldwide survey by the Intelligent Community Forum.
Have what it takes to avail Amandus H Lunmqvist Scholarship?
‣ Have submitted a complete application package for admission to a TU/e Master’s program before February 1, for academic year 2017-2018;
‣ Are highly talented, excellent students who have achieved a cumulative GPA above 80% of the scale maximum in their Bachelor’s degree from an internationally acclaimed university;
‣ Are not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”). Information on eligibility for this support can be found on the website of DUO. Please note that students who need to apply for a visa and residence permit for study are not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
‣ Comply with the Dutch visa criteria (where applicable);
‣ Have not been granted a scholarship by any other scholarship organization.
‣ Excellent students with a CGPA of 80% or more will automatically enter the selection procedure for the ALSP scholarships.
‣ ALSP scholarships are allocated on a first come, first served basis to the best students. You are therefore advised to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the final deadline, as it is possible that all the scholarships may have already been allocated.
‣ All candidates will be informed of the outcome by the end of May 2017.
‣You automatically enter the selection procedure for ALSP if you submit a complete application for a TU/e Master’s program before the scholarship deadline of February 1 AND are subsequently admitted to a TU/e Master’s program.
You must also meet the Terms and Conditions of the ALSP scholarship.
An application is complete when:
• You have submitted the online application including all required uploads
• Your application documents package have arrived at the TU/e.
• You receive an email from the International Office confirming that both of the above have been received.
Don’t wait too long to apply. We recommend that you submit your application before January 1 so that we can contact you if there are any issues with your application. You may then still have time to remedy this before the February 1 deadline.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 01 February.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.