DAAD is offering Information Technology Scholarships for Palestinians students. PhD scholarships are available for all fields, Information Technology scholarships are available for IT sector graduates.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
Applicants require TOEFL iBT Test result 79 (550) / IELTS Band 6.5 or above.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Information Technology.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship payment depends on the applicant’s academic qualifications. It is usually € 650 for students, € 750 for postgrads and around € 1,000 for doctoral candidates and postdocs. Payments for university teachers are usually € 2,000 for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers, € 2,150 for professors (as of May 2014). You can find an overview of other possible benefits in each Call for Applications.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
- Palestinian MA/MSc holders of all disciplines with excellent grades – well above 80% (or 3/4)
- Information Technology PhD scholarships for IT sector graduates
- Last degree earned no earlier than six years before the application deadline
- Aims at applicants who plan an academic career, candidates must be supported by their respective home university
- Applicants must live and work in Palestine at the time of application
Nationality: Palestinian students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: DAAD Scholarships are awarded to qualified candidates who wish to engage in full-time face-to-face study in Germany. Therefore, students planning to pursue blended learning or distance learning or part-time study programmes cannot receive DAAD funding.
English Language Requirement: Applicants require TOEFL iBT Test result 79 (550) / IELTS Band 6.5 or above.
How to Apply:
- Online application – search for program via www.funding-guide.de : “Research Grants – Doctoral Programs in Germany” / “Information Technology Scholarships for Palestinians”
- Register for the DAAD portal: Registering for DAAD Portal
- Submit application
- Full tabular Curriculum Vitae (CV” – max. 3 pages)
- If applicable, list of publications (max. 10 pages)
- Detailed and explicit project proposal and description of previous research undertaken (max. 10 pages)
- For individual PhD projects supervised by a university teacher /academic adviser: Letter confirming supervision by a university teacher in Germany (academic adviser) & schedule of planned research work
- In the case of planned participation in a structured doctoral study program: evidence of existing contact with the university/graduate school (copies of correspondence), preferable letter of admission to the doctoral program
- Certified English Bachelor & Master certificate & full English transcripts of both
- Certified English university entrance qualification (Tawjihi or equivalent)
- At least two original academic recommendations in sealed envelope – use the form available via the DAAD online portal
- Institutional recommendation by a Palestinian university – the program aims at supporting applicants who plan an academic career
- Study plan / motivation letter
- Photocopy of passport
- TOEFL iBT Test result in 79 (550) / IELTS Band 6.5 or above – no older than two years by the application deadline
- Other documents that you consider important for your application (e.g. proof of internships, certificates of employment).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 1, 2017.